Borrowing from the textbook collections
Central Textbook Collection
Textbooks in the humanities and social sciences are housed in the Zentrale Lehrbuchsammlung (Central Textbook Collection). Here you will also find textbooks in computer science and medicine.
Textbook Collection in Subject Libraries
Textbook collections in the natural sciences and medicine are also held by the appropriate Subject Libraries.
- Fachbibliothek Biologie und Biomedizin (biology and biomedicine)
- Fachbibliothek Chemie und Pharmazie (chemistry and pharmacy)
- Fachbibliothek Geowissenschaften (earth sciences)
- Fachbibliothek Mathematik und Physik (mathematics and physics)
- Fachbibliothek Medizinische Lesehalle (medicine; you will also find medical textbooks in the Zentrale Lehrbuchsammlung)
- Fachbibliothek Tiermedizin (veterinary medicine)
The holdings of the textbook collections are on open access; there is no need to order them.
The following ruling applies to all textbook collections except the Fachbibliothek Mathematik und Physik.
- LMU students and students of the TU Munich (25 items)
- LMU postgraduate doctoral candidates (50 items)
- LMU professors and other academic staff (25 items)
We regret that other user groups are not entitled to borrow from the Zentrale Lehrbuchsammlung (Central Textbook Collection)
- Visiting and senior students
- Trainee teachers
- Secondary and high school students
- Private individuals
- LMU Departments (textbooks can only be borrowed with a personal library card)
However there is often also an addition copy of the textbook housed in the stacks of the Zentralbibliothek (Main Library) and available for normal loan to all users.
The loan period is 4 weeks. The loan period can be renewed up to 4 times for 2 weeks each time provided no other user has placed a reservation.
If all the copies of the book you require are out on loan you can place a reservation.