Ordering via the online catalogue
If you wish to borrow an item from the stacks of the Zentralbibliothek (Main Library), please order it via the online catalogue first. When you place an order the item will be fetched from the stacks and made available for you to borrow. This usually takes 1 to 3 working days.
- Log in to your library account.
- Search the catalogue for the title you require.
- Select the title you need from the results list.
- Go to the tab "Get document".
- Click on "order".
- Confirm your order. The date on which you can collect the item you have ordered will now be displayed.
Once you have placed an order you will not be able to cancel it. Should you no longer require a book you have ordered we ask you to let us know by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selecting the required branch library
By default, the current branch on the online catalogue search page is set to "Zentralbibliothek" (Main Library). If you wish to order an item from the Zentrale Lehrbuchsammlung (Central Textbook Collection) or the loan collections in one of the Subject Libraries you will need to change the branch accordingly.
You will see the tab "Limit search" in the lower half of the online catalogue home page. Change the branch in the dropdown menu under "Current branch".
If a title is held by the University Library but is not indexed in the online catalogue you can use the Request function to order it.
Journal volumes not indexed individually
The individual volumes of some older journal holdings are not indexed, which means you cannot order the required volume simply by clicking on it.
- In such cases you will need the call number of the journal.
- Please check under "More title information" to see if the required volume is in the Library stock.
- Then enter the call number of the journal followed by the required volume in the "Stack request" search box (under the tab "Additional services").
The call number of the journal is 0001/8 Z 57, the required volume is for the year 1952
Please enter the following: 0001/8 Z 57-1952
Books published from 1851 - 1944
Not all books published during this period have yet been indexed in the online catalogue. When you fill out the Query form we will check to see if the title is held by the Library. You can state whether you wish to order the title immediately or just want to know the call number. In the latter case you can order the title later at any time by entering the call number in the "Request" search box.
We will let you know by e-mail if the title is held by the Library and, if so, what the call number is.