If you do not return or renew your media on time you will receive an overdue notice and a fine. You will find details of the fines charged in the University Library's List of Service Fees.
University Library List of Service Fees (in German, 48 kB)
Fines can be paid at the pay stations with a bank cash card or in cash. You will find pay stations at the following locations:
- Zentralbibliothek (Main Library), next to the entrance to CIP Pool 1 (Computer Pool 1) (cash or bank card)
- Zentrale Lehrbuchsammlung (Central Textbook Collection) (bank card only)
- Fachbibliothek Biologie und Biomedizin (bank card only)
- Fachbibliothek Chemie und Pharmazie (bank card only)
- Fachbibliothek Mathematik und Physik (bank card only)
- Fachbibliothek Medizinische Lesehalle (bank card only)
It is very rarely advisable to settle fines by bank transfer. This is because it takes several weeks to clear the payment and credit your library account. Your library account will remain disabled for this entire period.
Your account will be automatically disabled if you have outstanding charges of over 5 Euro. You will not be able to renew items on loan, to submit new orders or to place reservations.