Document delivery services
You can use external document delivery services as an alternative to interlibrary loans when ordering literature not held by the University Library. The main advantage of document delivery services lies in their fast delivery times. Documents are delivered directly to your home or office and not to the Library, as is the case with interlibrary loans. However external document delivery services are considerably more expensive than interlibrary loans. You, as user, are responsible for paying these charges, not the Library.
Subito is a document delivery service provided by academic libraries in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. A charge is made for this service. Subito offers the following services:
- Delivery of journal article copies
- Delivery of books for loan
- Delivery address: address of the end customer
- Delivery time: three working days (normal order), within one working day (rush order)
TIB document delivery
The Technische Informationsbibliothek in Hanover (TIB) is the German National Library for Science and Technology. It supplies the national and international research community with specialist and research information. ”TIB document delivery” offers the following services:
- Free bibliographical search function.
- After registration you can order copies, for which a charge is made.
- If the required full texts are available in digital form you can access them online for a fee.