SFX is a linking service which allows you to access electronic or printed full texts directly from the corresponding bibliographical reference. You will see an SFX button in the results lists of many databases, or - if you have configured your browser accordingly - in the matches retrieved by Google Scholar.
How SFX works
Clicking on the SFX button first takes you to a service page. There you will be offered a variety of ways to access the full text of your selected citation. These options are ranked according to relevance in the following order:
- Link to the electronic version of the full text, provided it is either licensed by the University Library or is freely accessible on the internet
- Link to the University Library's online catalogue
- Link to the online interlibrary loans service of Gateway Bayern (BVB)
- Link to an abstract or table of contents on the publisher's website
- Link to the document delivery service Subito (using the Subito service will incur charges)
- Link to internet search engines
To select one of these options, click on the red square with the white arrow next to the option. If you choose the link to the online catalogue or an internet search engine, the bibliographical details of your search will be transferred automatically.