Cloud Printing lets you submit a print job from an end device to any of the photocopiers at the LMU or in the University Library on which this function has been enabled. You can then go to any such enabled copier to print your job. A charge will be made for this service. You can print a wide variety of file formats, such as Office documents, PDFs and images.
Use the number on your Mensa card as ID when submitting or printing your print job. Payment for the printed copies will also be processed via your Mensa card.
Photocopiers offering Cloud Printing are designated by a special sticker.
List of photocopiers at the LMU equipped with the Cloud Printing function (27kB) (in German)
|Price per page||DIN A4||DIN A3|
|black and white||0.05 Euros||0.10 Euros|
|colour||0.15 Euros||0.30 Euros|
You can print out in colour at the following University Library locations:
- Fachbibliothek Biologie und Biomedizin
- Fachbibliothek Chemie und Pharmazie
- Fachbibliothek Kunstwissenschaften
- Fachbibliothek Medizinische Lesehalle
- Fachbibliothek Theologie und Philosophie
- Fachbibliothek Tiermedizintop
You can submit your print jobs in one of 3 different ways.
Upload your documents via the webpage
- Click on the link www.printservice.lmu.de or scan the following QR-Code:
- Enter the numerals contained in the number on your Mensa card, omitting the letters and the blank at the beginning.
- Click on "Anmeldung" (login).
- Click on "Durchsuchen" (browse) and select the file you want to print.
- Finally click on "weiter" (next).
Upload your documents from a mobile device using the app
- Download the app "Everyone Print" from the App Store or Google Play.
- Start the app.
- The first time you start the app you will see a notification. Press "OK".
- Enter "printservice.lmu.de" in the field "Host". Leave the default entry "9444" in the field "Port" unchanged.
- Click "Save"
- Confirm the next notification by clicking on "OK".
- Enter the numerals contained in the number on your Mensa card in the field "Username", omitting the letters and the blank at the beginning. Enter „lmu″ as password.
Upload documents for direct printing on campus
- This service is available at all public computers within the University Library.
- Open the file you want to print out.
- Choose the option "Drucken" (print) as normal.
- Enter the required number of copies and adjust the settings (e.g. double-sided prints, landscape format)
- In the list of printers select "Q-Pilot".
- Click on "Drucken" (print).
- Enter the numerals contained in the number on your Mensa card in the field "Kartennummer" (card number), omitting the letters and the blank at the beginning. Click on "Weiter" (next).
If you use a font not included in the Office programmes and you want your printed document to look exactly as it does on the computer, you will need to embed the font. This option is available in most of the Office programmes.top
- The card reader for the Mensa card is located on the right-hand side of the photocopier.
- Select the function "Cloud Printing" on the touch.screen.
- When a list of documents appears on the touch-screen select the one you want to print.
- To print, press the start button with the green border on the control panel.
You will find illustrated instructions on the wall poster near each of our photocopiers.
Should you have a technical problem please contact the hotline of our service provider Ricoh at 0511 6742-4000top
The Mensa card contains no personal data and the card number is not assigned to a particular person. The use of the Cloud Printing service is therefore anonymous.
Storing and deleting print jobs
All print jobs are stored on a server in the computer centre within Department VI of the University's Central Administration The server is administered by the company Ricoh. The data are processed in the Münchner Wissenschaftsnetz (Munich Academic Network). The print jobs are deleted following printing. If you do not print out your print job it will be deleted automatically after 3 days.
Each individual print job is transmitted over an encrypted internet connection and is stored in encrypted form on both the server and the photocopier. The print job can only be accessed and decrypted following authentication using the associated Mensa card.