- You can use EndNote to manage and organise your literature.
- You can export data from online catalogues and databases directly into EndNote.
- EndNote lets you conduct a database search directly from within the program.
- You can integrate articles in the form of PDFs, Word documents etc.
- You can create lists of references and bibliographies at any time.
- More than 5,000 citation styles are available for both German and English-speaking regions.
- EndNote creates the List of References for your work automatically.
Technical information on EndNote
- EndNote's interface is available in English only.
- There are versions available for both the Mac (Apple OSX) and Windows platforms.
- There is currently no EndNote version available for Linux-based operating systems.
- EndNote can be used together with LaTeX.
- EndNote can be used in conjunction with the web-based version EndNote Web.
You will find information on the system requirements for the operating systems Windows and Apple OSX (Mac) on the EndNote developer's website.
EndNote is in principle compatible with Word (not Microsoft Office Starter 2010), Pages and LaTeX. The following section will provide you with directions on using EndNote with the word-processing systems listed below.
Please click on the link below for details of the compatibility of the various version of EndNote with Word:
If you want to use Apple's Pages as your word-processing software, EndNote will install itself into the Pages '09 menu. This is at any rate the case if you are using Pages as part of the iWork Suite, whether you are running the test version, the commercial version, Configure to Order or a multiple licence.
If however you have downloaded Pages from the Mac App Store you will have to install the Plug-in for EndNote, to which you will find a link at the end of this section.
There is no Add-In for Pages as there is for Word. Only a few EndNote commands will be displayed in the menu; you will find them under:
- > Insert > EndNote Citation
- > Insert > EndNote Bibliography
- > Edit > EndNoteCitations > Bibliography Format
- > Edit > EndNote Citations > Manage Citations
You are naturally free to use all the layout options provided by Pages, including those you yourself define in EndNote's Output Style.
EndNote is compatible with OpenOffice 3, but only on Windows computers.