The University Library is a central service facility of the LMU.
The Library's main function is the provision of literature and information services to the staff and students of the LMU. In addition it provides an infrastructure enabling the members of the LMU to publish their scholarly works and research data on an open access basis. These data are then available free of charge to users all over the world.
The University Library consists of
- the Zentralbibliothek (Main Library)
- the Zentrale Lehrbuchsammlung (Central Textbook Collection)
- 13 Subject Libraries
- the Library of the Klinikum Großhadern in cooperative partnership
- over 56 additional libraries of the LMU, with all holdings indexed in the online catalogue.
- Total number of media: 4,957,175 (as of 2017), among these
- textbooks 185,238
- subscriptions to print journals and newspapers 5,452
- licensed electronic journals 55,725
- e-Books 66,240
- subject-related databases 507
- Publications hosted on the University Libraries repositories (as of 2017)
- documents on Open Access LMU 23,614
- documents on Elektronische Dissertationen der LMU 12,965
- documents on Munich Personal RePEc Archive (MPRA) 42,016
If you would like to learn more about the services and activities of the University Library you may like to take a look at our annual reports.
- Annual report for 2017 (6,4 MB) (in German)
- Annual report for 2016 (8,0 MB) (in German)
- Annual report for 2015 (4,9 MB) (in German)
- Annual report for 2014 (5,5 MB) (in German)
- Annual report for 2013 (17,4 MB) (in German)
- Annual report for 2012 (1,1 MB) (in German)
- Annual report for 2011 (2,4 MB) (in German)