The University Library pays licence fees for the majority of the electronic media available to LMU staff and students. You will need to authenticate yourself as a member of the LMU each time you begin a new browser session in order to access the University Library's electronic media.
Please authenticate yourself using the E-Media Login on the right-hand side of the University Library's home page.
You will need your LMU user ID details to log in. These details confirm that you are an LMU student or member of staff. After successfully logging in you will be able to access the full-text works licensed by the Library.
The blue E-Media Login button in the right-hand side of the University Library's home page will take you to the login page. Log in with your full LMU user ID details. Please remember that your login details are case-sensitive.top
Electronically-licensed documents are designated in the right-hand column of the results list in the online catalogue by the blue button "Volltext" (full text). The first time you click on the button "Volltext" after opening a new browser session you will be taken to the E-Media Login welcome page where you can log in with your full LMU user ID details. The next time you click on a "Volltext" button you will be taken directly to the full text licensed by the Library.top
The E-Media bookmarklet is a recommended direct authentication option if you:
- already know the URL of a publisher's website,
- have followed a quotation link from a search engine to the full text,
- have created a bookmark for relevant journals, databases or e-books in your browser.
Create a bookmarklet
In the browsers Firefox and Internet Explorer you can quickly and easily create an E-Media bookmarklet:
- Right-click on the link "E-Media bookmarklet".
- Select the option "Bookmark this page" (Firefox) or "Add to favourites" (Internet Explorer).
If your browser (e.g. Google Chrome) does not offer this option, do the following:
- Right-click on "E-Media bookmarklet",
- select the option "Copy Link Location" or "Copy Link URL",
- then save the current page as a bookmark,
Unfortunately the bookmarklet function will not work for some publishers and providers of scholarly literature. In these cases please log in first via the E-Media Login page, then open the required resource. For example, Web Of Science requires this procedure.
No LMU account or invalid account
If you do not have a LMU user ID or your LMU user ID is invalid please contact the IT service desk.
No access although you have a valid LMU account
- You have probably opened a new tab or a new window in your browser, thereby causing an automatic logout. Check whether the URL of your website belongs to the domain "emedien.ub.uni-muenchen.de". If this is not the case you will need to log in again.
- In some networks, firewalls and other proxies may block access to our website for security reasons. This is often the case in enterprise networks.
- If you get the error message in Firefox "The page isn't redirecting properly" you are probably using the Firefox add-on "HTTPS Everywhere". This causes web pages to load much more slowly; instead of the desired page the above-mentioned error message will appear. Please uninstall the add-on. top
The LMU account enables members of the LMU to access the electronic media provided by the University Library.
Personal login details must under no circumstances be passed on to third parties.
- Only members of the LMU Munich are permitted to access full texts.
- The full texts may only be printed or saved for personal use, or for teaching and research purposes. Any commercial reuse is prohibited.
- The systematic downloading of articles or search results, especially using web robots, is prohibited. Failure to observe rules these may result in access to the publisher's server being blocked for the entire campus.
- Full texts may not be passed on to third parties in either electronic or printed form.
- Names and copyright information may not be altered or deleted.
Please note that when citing literature that you have accessed via the E-Meda Login the URLs thus created cannot be cited since they are only valid for the limited circle of LMU members.