Online catalogue (OPAC)
The University Library's online catalogue lists all the printed and electronic books, journals and databases in the Library's collections. Hints
- The full texts of electronic media (e-books or e-journals) are directly linked to the online catalogue via the E-Media Login.
- Printed books and journals are listed in the online catalogue together with their location and call number under which you will find the desired item on the shelf.
- You can broaden your search to include the holdings of all the academic libraries in Bavaria if, for example, the book you need is not held by the University Library. To expand your search in this way click on the tab "Database selection".
- You can suggest titles for purchase by the Library by clicking on the link "Acquisition request" in the upper right-hand corner of the top blue men bar
- Use the tab "Account" to monitor the status of the books you currently have out on loan or on order, as well as to check for outstanding charges or to update your personal details.
- Please note when searching that the online catalogue only indexes book or journal titles.
- It does normally not contain records of individual articles in books and journals.
- If you want to access a particular article, first search the online catalogue for the title of the book or journal in which it was published.
E-tutorial "I'm looking for a book!" (in German)
Use the "Web Opac app" to access the online catalogue from your smart phone or tablet. The app makes it easy to search the catalogue and manage your library account. Please note that the Web Opac app is currently only available for the Android operating system.
You can also use the online catalogue's mobile interface. The online catalogue display will usually switch to the mobile interface automatically when you connect your mobile device.
More on the Web Opac app (in German)