If you do not return or renew your media on time you will receive an overdue notice and a fine. You will find details of the fines charged in the University Library's List of Service Fees.
University Library List of Service Fees (in German, 132 kB)
Overdue fines can be paid at the on-site automatic pay stations, by ePayment via your library account or by bank transfer.
At the pay stations, fines can be paid by EC bank card or in cash. You will find pay stations at the following locations:
- Zentralbibliothek (Main Library), next to the entrance to CIP Pool 1 (Computer Pool 1) (cash or bank card)
- Zentrale Lehrbuchsammlung (Central Textbook Collection) (bank card only)
- Fachbibliothek Biologie und Biomedizin (bank card only)
- Fachbibliothek Chemie und Pharmazie (bank card only)
- Fachbibliothek Medizinische Lesehalle (bank card only)
The "ePayment" service provides you with a convenient method of paying outstanding charges online via the payment platform ePayBayern. You can choose to pay using either a credit card (MasterCard, VISA) or PayPal – so it is a good idea to have your credit card or PayPal account login details to hand when you begin the payment process.
After successful registration the online payment option will be available to you in your library account under "My details" in the "Account summary" section, under the item "Fines". In this view you will see a list of all outstanding charges and a button labelled "Pay fines". Please note: You will only see this button if you currently have outstanding fines in your account.
Payment via ePayment:
- Log in to your library account and access the subpage "Fines" (see under "My details" > "Account summary").
- Click on the button "Pay fines".
- You will be redirected to the ePayBayern payment platform.
- Select the desired payment method (credit card, PayPal).
- Enter your payment details (credit card) or log in to PayPal.
- Complete the payment.
- You will be redirected back to your user account.
- After the payment process has been successfully completed the status of any outstanding fines in your account will be displayed in real time.
- Fines can only be paid in full; partial payments are not possible.
- If you have received a payment notice by post, please pay the charges by bank transfer. We regret that you cannot use ePayment in this case.
- The payment partner/recipient is not the University Library or the LMU but the Landesamt für Finanzen (LA für Finanzen, LfF) - the State Office of Finance.
Payment of fines is also possible by bank transfer. Please transfer the entire amount shown in your library account to the bank account below. Please make sure you give the reference and send us a transfer receipt to email@example.com. This is the only way to promptly cancel the fine from your account.
Recipient: Bayerische Landesbank München
IBAN: DE53 7005 0000 0000 0248 68
Purpose / reference: 704000128-6
Your account will be automatically disabled if you have outstanding charges of over 5 Euro. You will not be able to renew items on loan, to submit new orders or to place reservations.